In this tutorial, you will learn how to create Google Docs. We recommend you study this manual carefully and start practicing.
There is a wide range of files that can be created or edited on Google Drive. Documents, Spreadsheets, Presentations, Forms, Drawings. In fact, the process of creating a new file on Google Drive is almost the same for all file types. We will show you how to create a new file at the example of the Google Doc.
Watch the video from https://thegoodocs.com/ on How To Create a New Document in Google Docs - YouTube
How to Create a Google Document?
There are several simple ways to create a new Google Doc. We are going to show you 2 basic ways to do this.
- First of all, of course, you have to have a Google account. If you do, head to any of your common Google services website, simply https://www.google.com/, Gmail, or straight to Google Drive, since the document is created on your personal Google Drive account. For example, we will go to https://www.google.com/
- That opens a Google apps window, and here you locate such a Docs icon, it may be lower in here, so just scroll down till you find it, and press it
You are redirected to https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/, which is a workspace for the Google documents service
- Here you drag a cursor to the plus icon and the Blank description below it and press it
Now here you go, a new blank Google document is created for you, and you can start working with it
- We recommend naming it first so you can easily find it afterward. Let it be Demo for us
- Option number 2 begins when you are already on your Google Drive page. If you are not on this page, you can open https://www.google.com/, go to the right top corner to the button with lots of gray dots and press it. Find Drive and press it
- Now you are on your Google Drive page. From here, press the right mouse button in any empty space and select Google Docs in the drop-down menu
- Here you are in front of your newly created empty document. Let us name it Demo new
- Then after you're done working with it and have closed the document, one moment you may need to return to it. For that, you go to https://www.google.com/ or Gmail. We press the dots icon, locate and select the Drive icon here and press it
- Or you go straight to the drive.google.com website, which opens the homepage of your Drive, and the last item here in Suggested and Files fields will be your newly created document that you can open with a double mouse click and keep working on it
We hope this brief tutorial is helpful for you, and now you know how to create a Google Doc. Good luck!